Saturday, August 16, 2008

Welcome to ECT 501!


You can use our class blog site to post any questions you may have about class projects and activities. I have found that often students have the same question, so this will be one way that I can be sure you are all getting the same information from me.

One of your first activities is to post a response that shares more information about yourself. Please identify your name along with a few sentences about yourself. Please send the jpg file to me via email (kklopez@latech.edu), and I will upload your graphic to our blogspot. This will let others in our class learn more about you.

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi everyone! My name is Elizabeth Farrington. I am a Business Teacher at Bossier High school. This is my third year teaching and I am really enjoying myself. I am also getting my Master's degree in MSC&I with a cognate in Adult Education. I look forward to working with everyone!

lulublair82 said...

Hi! I am Lindsey Keith-Vincent, and this is my final quarter in the MSCI program with a cognate in Adult Education. I originally received my certification in English Education; however, I took the Biology Praxis and now teach Science as the Museum Educator at The IDEA Place. I am very excited about getting to know everyone and completing the MSCI program!!!

Mrs. Meade said...

Hello classmates! My name is Irene Meade. I teach English and language arts to 7th graders at Good Hope Middle School in Ouachita Parish. I am Nationally Certified as a Middle Childhood: Generalist. I earned my undergrad from ULM and am excited about getting my MSCI:Technolgy from LA Tech. I know this is going to be yet another great quarter, and I look forward to learning from and working with each of you.
-Irene Meade

Anonymous said...

Hello! My name is Ellen Phillips and I just moved to Ruston from College Station Texas. I am not currently teaching anywhere here just trying to get settled in, get my degree and work toward Doctorate. I have taught the past 12 years at A&M Consolidated High School where I was a 9th grade World History and 12th grade Government teacher. The move has been good, and I am looking forward to meeting some people!

Skye Maxwell Fowler said...

Hello, hello! I'm Skye Maxwell. I've taught gifted science for the last 3 years at Good Hope Middle School in West Monroe. I graduated from LA Tech with my bachelors degree is in Biology Education, and I'm working toward my masters in Education Technology. So far I've really enjoyed the MSC&I program at Tech. In addition to teaching, I'm also the cross country and track & field coach. :) Enjoy the quarter!

Kylie Williams said...

Hello There! My name is Kylie Williams, and I am a second year teacher at Spearsville High School. I teach Kindergarten. I love to work with young children, and that is why I will be getting a Master's degree in Early Childhood. I am nervous because this is my first Quarter in the Master's program..... Feel free to give me any advise !!

Ms. Palmer said...

Hey everyone! My name is Amy Palmer. I am a Kindergarten Teacher at Creswell Elementary in Shreveport. This is my 5th year teaching. This is also my first year at Creswell. I taught 1st grade at Evangel for 4 years. I'm halfway done with my degree in MSCI with a Technology cognate. This is going to be a crazy year for me with starting at a new school, finishing my degree, and starting LaTAAP. Wish me luck!!!

Mrs. Meade said...

Does anyone know how we are supposed to do the following activity in BlackBoard? I cannot figure out how to start a thread and do not see an original post to reply to.

Thanks,
Irene Meade

>>>After you have finished reviewing at least three different web sites. Then post a response to BlackBoard that summarizes your findings. You should post a response that shares what you thought was effective in the web pages as well as what was ineffective. You should also post at least one additional response that is in reply to what someone else in the class has posted to the discussion board.

bmferguson said...

Hello! I am Beth Ferguson, and I am from West Monroe. I am currently on sabbatical but would normally be teaching at Drew Elementary in West Monroe. I teach fifth grade math, science, and social studies. I received my Master's degree from Tech 4 years ago in Curriculum & Instruction. However, I lacked this course in getting an Educational Technology Facilitator Certification. To fulfill my sabbatical requirements, I am also working on a library certfication. My husband and I have a 4 year old, Noah, and a 3 month old, Anna Beth. I too am looking forward to working with you this quarter!

Ms. Palmer said...

Irene, you're not alone. I can't figure out how to post on blackboard either. I also had trouble copying the Cyberguides to evaluate the websites. Has anyone figured it out?

Unknown said...

The discussion board forums did not initially import into our BlackBoard site when the course was changed from F2F to online. I have taken care of it, so you should be able to access the forums now.

Let me know if you have any other problems. Thanks!

Dr. K-L

Anonymous said...

Hello, everybody. I'm Beverly Bennett. I am the librarian at T. L. Rodes Elementary School in Haughton, LA. We have about 650 students in kindergarten and first grade and about 40 in preschool! I am pursuing a MSCI, with a Technology cognate. This is my second quarter in the program. I've been married for 30 years and have two adult children. I'm very blessed!

Anonymous said...

I am not sure that I did part 3 of the assignment correctly. I visited three of the sites linked to Susan Silverman's webfolio. I couldn't get anything to open for the Miss Rumphius Award site. Two of the sites I visited were similar - projects for teachers to use with their classes and display students' work. They were both navigated the same way and pretty much had the same stuff - just different subjects. The third one I visited was Susan Silverman's own website including biographical info, etc. If this was not what I was supposed to do, Dr. Kimbell-Lopez, please let me know so that I can re-do it.

Victoria said...

My name is Victoria Taylor. I have been teaching 2nd grade for the last 7 years at Riverbend Elementary in West Monroe. I am on Sabbatical and getting my Masters in Teaching Braille. I am excited about this class.

Mrs. Meade said...

Beverly,
I had the same trouble with the link. I ended up doing a search and finding my own teacher sites. I hope that was okay. I guess we both are in the same boat. If you have to redo the assignment, then so do I. I am pretty sure that it is okay though.
-Irene

bmferguson said...

For the second assignment, I copied the search guide, pasted it onto a Word document, and typed my answers there. Is there a different way, straight from the web page, that we are to do it?

Victoria said...

Do we need a book for this course? I bought one and if I don't need it then I can take it back. Thanks!!

bmferguson said...

I emailed Dr. Kimbell-Lopez, and she said we will not need a book. She is using the required readings from the internet in place of the book.

pMason-Hollins said...

Greetings! I am Phyllisia Mason-Hollins. I am a P.E. teacher at Caddo Heights Elementary, in Caddo Parish. I teach all grades Pre-K thru 5th grade and I love it! I am earning a Masters in Curriculum Instrution with a cognate of Technology. I am really nervous about this quarter because I prefer the face 2 face atmosphere.

Anonymous said...

bmferguson,
That's the way I did part 2, also. I saved them, but did not submit them to Dr. K-L. Are we supposed to?

Irene,
Thanks for the encouragement. I did look at a couple of other teacher web pages, but did not complete a critique of them. Good luck!

bmferguson said...

Beverly, we are to email it as an attachment to her. I am about to do that now.

Mrs. Hollins, I know what you mean about not meeting face to face. I want to know that I am doing everything we are supposed to. I don't want to miss anything that we are to be doing. On the other hand, it certainly is nice having that time and not having to put the money out on gas.

Katty said...

Katie Douglas:
I'm a Biology and Physical Science teacher at Parkway High School in Bossier. I am working on my masters in Technology. I am happy to be close to graduation in May.

Karyn Flowers said...

Hey everyone! I'm Karyn Flowers a librarian at Parkway High School in Bossier City. I have an MLIS from LSU, and I am taking this course to become more familiar with technology, so I can keep up with my students! I am currently out on sabbatical taking care of my 3 year old son and my little girl who was born in July.